Friday Five (6)

By 11:28 AM , , , , , , , , , , ,







This week memoirs I hold dear to me; Part One! <3

I am the demographic famous, or not, people write for. I crave stories. Whether they be personal or not. I get a fix and a sense of, "Oh, I'm not alone on this pale blue dot." They make me feel good just as much as a cup of coffee in the morning and reading the next best American novel.


1) I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max

Yes it's a degrading account of awful things this man has done to people, but I read it in a dark time of my life and it cheered me up so much that I couldn't be mad at him.

Plus when he was on tour for his latest book, Assholes Finish First, last year, he was actually one of the sweetest people I've ever met!













2) Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

This book is the reason  why I love auto/biographies.

It's well written, heart wrenching, and hilarious at parts. It's movie counterpart doesn't do it justice.








3) On Writing by Stephen King

I've loved writing stories ever since I was able to pick up a pencil, well maybe not that early, but still. When I read King's On Writing, it was an eye opener. Not only did you get a peek into that wonderful man's past, but he also taught you how to craft a story. 

Not one of his but just any story. I've never read a book about crafting something so well as he did that.







4) iWoz by Steve Wozniack

I love Steve Jobs, but I have always had more of a soft spot for Wozniack.

Yes I respect the man who had all the ideas, but the man who put it all together gets a little more of my kudos.

This was the book that made me embrace my love of technology even more so.






 
5) Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

I love this book, just like all of Sedaris's other works, it's hilarious and brilliant!

You Might Also Like

0 comments