Friday Five (3)

By 12:33 AM , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Friday's Five is a meme hosted by Steph over a Steph's Stacks. It's the time of the week where five of your favorite books are featured and given some love!

This week's five is dedicated to science fiction. I'm a big technology geek and with the tragic loss of one of my heroes, Steve Jobs, this week, I thought I'd do my five favorite science fiction stories/novels.








1) Gold by Issac Asimov: This book is a wonderful collection of the last few short stories has one of my favorite stories of all time, Cal. If you love anything to do with science fiction, this is like THE one you HAVE to read!















2) Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan by Vonda N. McIntyre: I love Star Trek and this is one of my favorites of the original series movies in a book!












 3) Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card: This book was the second book I read in high school that I actually fully enjoyed. You have everything that you would want in a good science fiction novel and more!














4) American Gods by Neil Gaiman is one of those novels that make you just sit and think that one day, maybe, this could happen.

















5) The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan is a thirteen part opus, that is more fantasy than science fiction, that is just a wonderful world to dive into and get lost in. If you like Lord of the Rings, you most likely will like this.










(Author's Note: Sorry my post this week is lacking. School is catching up with me and it's getting to be a bit overwhelming.)

UPDATE: I wrote the latter of this post at midnight and forgot to mention this book:






Though Steve Jobs continued with Apple til the very end of his life, reading about the beginnings of the mega company through his first partner in crime, Steve Wozniak, is something that will stick with you forever!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. New follower! Im also doing Fridays Five. I love your genre of books this week. Nice that you dedicated it to Steve too, it really is a horrible loss.

    kris
    http://abookfromsnowyriver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow Kris. It truly is a great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your theme this week, so appropriate. I've strayed away from my sci-fi roots, thanks for some picks that can get me back to them.

    I LOVE that you have Star Trek: Wrath of Khan on your list. I have a copy that is at least 20 years old and falling apart at the seams from so much re-reading. I even pulled it out (carefully) the other day for another read, but got sidetracked by my TBR pile. So, I put on the movie instead :)

    Another great Friday's Five! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing Friday's Five for the first time this week. LOVE your theme! I was actually going to put American Gods as one of my picks, but I'm going to save it for another time... maybe my own sci-fi theme! Haha

    The only Asimov I've read are Robot Visions and his Guide to Shakespeare. Definitely adding Gold to my TBR list!

    Great list! New follower:)

    jenn | my friday's five

    ReplyDelete