Friday Five (3)
Friday's Five is a meme hosted by Steph over a Steph's Stacks. It's the time of the week where five of your favorite books are featured and given some love!
This week's five is dedicated to science fiction. I'm a big technology geek and with the tragic loss of one of my heroes, Steve Jobs, this week, I thought I'd do my five favorite science fiction stories/novels.
1) Gold by Issac Asimov: This book is a wonderful collection of the last few short stories has one of my favorite stories of all time, Cal. If you love anything to do with science fiction, this is like THE one you HAVE to read!
2) Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan by Vonda N. McIntyre: I love Star Trek and this is one of my favorites of the original series movies in a book!
3) Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card: This book was the second book I read in high school that I actually fully enjoyed. You have everything that you would want in a good science fiction novel and more!
4) American Gods by Neil Gaiman is one of those novels that make you just sit and think that one day, maybe, this could happen.
5) The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan is a thirteen part opus, that is more fantasy than science fiction, that is just a wonderful world to dive into and get lost in. If you like Lord of the Rings, you most likely will like this.
(Author's Note: Sorry my post this week is lacking. School is catching up with me and it's getting to be a bit overwhelming.)
UPDATE: I wrote the latter of this post at midnight and forgot to mention this book:
Though Steve Jobs continued with Apple til the very end of his life, reading about the beginnings of the mega company through his first partner in crime, Steve Wozniak, is something that will stick with you forever!